Mars Hill Retirement Community is a member of the Assisted Living Federation of America (ALFA) and follows ALFA's Philosophy of Care for Assisted Living.
- Offering cost-effective quality care that is personalized for the individual's needs
- Fostering independence for each resident
- Treating each resident with dignity and respect
- Promoting the individuality of each resident
- Allowing each resident choice of care and lifestyle
- Protecting each resident's right to privacy
- Nurturing the spirit of each resident
- Involving family and friends, as appropriate, in care
planning and implementation
- Providing a safe residential environment
- Making the assisted living residence a valuable community asset
Mars Hill Retirement Community has proudly served older adults and their families in Western North Carolina for more than 17 years. Our experienced team provides an approach to Assisted Living that keeps each resident’s specific and individual needs in mind. We don’t just learn about our resident’s current day-to-day physical and emotional needs, we also take time to understand each of our resident’s past history and their lifelong goals. This helps us create the best possible home for older adults.
Mars Hill Retirement Community maintains a solid partnership with Mars Hill University, and our residents and team members enjoy having the campus just a few steps away. Whether it is attending the Bascom Lamar Festival, cheering on the football team or auditing a college class, our residents revel in the experience and time spent with the college students and the opportunity to learn more.
Our community was developed by Justus M. Ammons, a native of Mars Hill whose family still has deep roots in the area. The Ammons family have developed, owned and managed many communities across North Carolina and are experienced providers in the retirement industry.